Take a Total Body, No-Hassle Approach
Sometimes you need a break from the same old routine. And personally, I’m all for a good no-equipment workout.
You probably figured equipment is obviously important for getting serious results at the gym, but it definitely doesn’t have to be only way to get fit as heck. Body-weight exercises are another great way to challenge your fitness level, condition your muscles, and burn a ton of calories and fat.
Let’s take a look at something a little different today and I think different is what will keep your motivation peaked.
Plus these workouts can be done anywhere, whether you’re at home, on vacation, or at the gym. You may feel like something’s missing without any equipment, but give it a chance and you may be surprised by the results, what do you have to lose anyway?!
Ready to spice up your workout with something a little different and hopefully more rewarding? Let’s go…
4 Killer Equipment-Free Workout Routines
So to really help you get the most out of these workouts, I’ve designed each workout to be focused on a different body part or group of muscles.
You only need 15 minutes for each workout, with the idea that you can combine them however which way you choose and have time for. I’d recommend picking two different ones each time and add in some cardio afterwards to keep your metabolism burning those extra calories.
No-Equipment Workout #1 – Lower Body
Do the following exercises without rest, for a complete lower body routine.
- 2 sets of traditional squats
- 2 sets of traditional lunges
- 2 sets of hip extensions, each side (view exercise)
- 1 set of bench step-ups without weights (view exercise)
- 1 set of lower ab bicycle crunch (view exercise)
- 1 set of one-legged hip-lift (view exercise)
No-Equipment Workout #2 – Chest & Triceps
For this one, you’re going to cycle through a series of push-ups that target your chest and triceps from different angles.
- 2 sets of traditional push-ups
- 2 set of push-ups with hands on bench (view exercise)
- 2 set of push-ups with hands on bench, narrow grip (view exercise)
- 2 set of push-ups with feet on bench (view exercise)
- 1 set of push-ups with hands on bench (view exercise)
- 1 set of push-ups with hands on bench, narrow grip (view exercise)
- 1 set of push-ups with feet on bench (view exercise)
- 1 set of traditional push-ups
No-Equipment Workout #3 – Abs & Core